Friday, March 13, 2009

Susan has shamed me!

I've been trying very had to live my "real life" -- you know that one that's actually in front of me every day instead of the one that comes to me via the web. :-) That means that my poor little blogs have been neglected. It's not just this one either. Trust me. Go check out my other one and you'll have proof.

However, knitting-wise I have been quite the over-achiever lately. I had a crazy impulse last fall and signed up to teach a beginner's knitting class at our university. Just four weeks that would cover the basics, but give people enough to get a good start with beginner's projects. Well, imagine my surprise when six people actually signed up! It was great and I'll definitely do it again in the fall. For our last class meeting, we took a "field trip" to Hobby Lobby about 45 minutes away and followed it with a trip to Chili's for supper. Women really know how to make anything fun, don't we?

Anyway, in addition to spreading the knitting love, I've also tackled my first hat! I don't have a camera handy but will post a picture of it on my sweet Emily's head soon. I felt kind of accomplished, especially when a 14-year-old clothing-and-wardrobe-aware girl actually WANTED it because she thought it looked cool.

Right now I'm working on a baby blanket (AWESOME YARN!) and a cotton knit-in-the-round tote bag. Can I say how much I LOVE knitting in the round? This is so fantastic! Addictive! Amazing!

So look for pictures soon and let the knitting continue!!

No comments: