Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So here's what I've been up to

First the hat:


Here's a close-up of the yarn and stitch pattern. It's a basic stockinette, but I learned the hard way that with circular needles, that's a constant knit stitch. Yep, I did one round of knit followed by a round of purl and then realized that it did not look like it was supposed to so I had to rip it out and start over.


I loved this yarn. It is so, so soft! I have another ball of it so I'm considering doing a matching scarf. I liked the pattern so much that I've started another one. Here's hat number two in process, posing next to her brother who has already been born. Ha!


And -- of course -- a close up of the work in progress. Once upon a time I swore I would never do anything with stitches this small, but they look so sweet and pretty and this works up so quickly that it's hard to resist it.

Here are the other things on my needles. I found some amazingly soft yarn on sale at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 a skein and bought several. Here's a close up.


And here's the work in progress:


And last but not least, here's my current out-of-my-own-mind creation. I found some cotton yarn in spring colors and I'm knitting a big, round piece. I'm going to line it, seam up the bottom, and add straps to make a tote bag. I hope it turns out well. I usually do OK with homespun ideas, but this one is making me a little nervous.


So that's what's on my needles! Think I have an overcommitment problem?

5 comments:

Susan J said...

i like these!!! Pretty! You'll have to tell us where you found your patterns...

Susan J said...

BTW: I LOVE your yarn for your hat... what kind is it! Beautiful color!

lisa b said...

I'll have to check on the blue yarn when I get home, but it was an alpaca/acrylic mix that someone gave me. The pink is from the naturallycaron.com "Country" line. The color name is Rose Bisque. It was also a gift, but you can buy it on their website too. Oh -- and I forgot to mention that the baby yarn is being made into a crib size blanket. I'm all about circular needles these days!

Terra said...

Oh, I haven't been here in a while. Shame on me! I love the booties a post or two down! TOO CUTE

L Harris said...

looks good.