Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Magic Bag of Tricks

Here is the long-abandoned dishcloth. I was right proud of myself because it actually had a PATTERN to it. Woo-hoo! I don't know if you can see it, but there's a raised pattern in the middle of it. I have finished it, by the way.



And here are the contents of my knitting bag, once I cleaned it out. I found four skeins of baby soft yarn. I sent them to my niece Amy Jo who is also learning to knit.


Look at all these needles! I love needles in all sizes and colors. I LOVE the super big green ones I used for my uber-long purple scarf. One of my student workers saw them and borrowed them to make her own. Hooray for knitting evangelism!


Being a librarian, I -- of course -- have lots of books about knitting. I've even purchased another one since cleaning out the bag. Oh, and I think I'd already sent one or two to my niece when I took this picture.


So now I have no excuses. I have needles, I have how-to books with every project imaginable, and I have yarn. I didn't include a picture of it because it's kind of embarrassing. No excuses now, right? Hmm, Susan? Do you think I could knit, be in class, watch LOST, and Google talk all at the same time? It's definitely worth a try.

5 comments:

Auntie Stina said...

Hey, I found you via the Wisteria e-mail list....very cool knitting blog. I only knit on a loom. It's actually a 'stitch' that I can remember how to do....I've made hats, scarves, um....yeah. I'm working on making a flat panel out of black wool--I'll probably do another flat panel, too. I will felt it down and then make a purse out of it.

lisa b said...

I'd love to see some projects that come from the loom. I've seen some of those in stores but haven't ever worked with one.

If you'd like to post some pictures, let me know and I'll add you as a poster.

Thanks for stopping by!

The Beavin Bunch... said...

You do beautiful work! Loved your blog site!

Crystal

Kendra said...

WOW I'm so inspired! Your work is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sending me the skeins of yarn and the knitting book!
I have been really busy the past few months, and haven''t been able to knit anything besides a square about 6" X 6" , but I hope to pick it up again soon.
Maybe I can while this storm ''Gustav'' is passing through :]
The book looks really good, and I plan to do a couple of the projects in there soon!
Oh, and by the way, I love the knitting blog :)
It's neat to see what you're making!