Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Here are a few pictures of some recent goings on in my knitting world.

Here's a scarf that I finished. It was my standby 15x15 scarf with boucle yarn.

After I finished that I decided to try a patterned scarf so I'm doing two scarves with a ribbed pattern. They're both just knit 3, purl 3 with a total of 21 stitches on a row. I'm using size ten needles with worst weight on one and size 8 needles with cotton worsted on the other. Here's the cotton yarn.

I really like working with it, which is good since I bought such a HUGE thing. I originally envisioned myself making dishcloths for people, but I actually think I'll use it to tackle my first ever blanket.

The day after Thanksgiving I went to Hobby Lobby and bought two sets of circular needles and some great neutral tones of yarn so I could make some scarves for my boys. Here's the beginnings of a scarf for my son. I decided to use the circular needles so I could get some practice. I'm not using a pattern -- just knitting every row and I'll stop when it's a good size.

I've finally done this enough to know that I really enjoy it and I don't feel bad about building up a stash of yarns and patterns. I can always find a few minutes a day, and I've gotten enough practice that a few minutes can actually yield a good amount of progress. Knitting is cool!

Bah -- my computer is being weird and won't upload the pictures. I'll try again with them tomorrow. :-)

9 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I was thinking, "Where are the pictures?" so that answers it. Hobby Lobby: Next best thing to heaven. They even play Christian music! ha.

Terra said...

Oh, I can't knit, nope. No patience, no ability to sit still but I LOVE hand knitted items. can't wait to read more of your blog...

Ali said...

I am totally sharing this site with my mom. She LOVES to knit. She keeps it simple, but she is a big fan of baby toys, which I so appreciate!

Midlife Mom said...

Oh how I wish we had a Hobby Lobby! I hear so many of my fellow bloggers talking about it. we have AC Moore which is pretty good but I don't think as good as HL. I didn't knit any mittens this year and I miss it. I think I will start making them for the homeless shelter to give out in the cold weather. I'm still a bit slow at it but at least they don't look like a cactus like they did at first! lol!

Scribbit said...

LOL, I can understand the frustration. Who needs pictures anyway?

Janine said...

I need to learn to knit. You have inspired me to sit down with my neighbor who has been knitting for years and always said she'd love to show me how!

DINKS said...

all i know is that your blog name is awesome :)

Terra said...

My scarves off to you. I do not have the patience or attention span for knitting!

Terra said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by today! I still can't knit but you asked my book review blog. It is at http://talesfromthenightstand.blogspot.com

Just launched this week - we will do 2 to 3 reviews per week, all genres. I hope you will stop by.