Friday, June 27, 2008

My poor, neglected blog

I guess that's the way life is, isn't it? I was so excited about this blog when we started and then life kicked in and I've been so busy I haven't picked up a pair of needles in months.

The good news? I'm finished with my master's degree in August, provided I pass comps in a couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to reclaiming the ten or hours a week that grad school has taken.

And even though I haven't had time to knit, God has been knitting away on me! There have been times in the last few months that I think he was unraveling some mistakes I made along the way, but -- as always -- the pieces are being knit back together and I'm sure the end result will be beautiful.

So I hope to post here more often and I hope that the rest of you do can also find time to add a few lines about what you're learning here and there. And remember that you can also find me at http://burleyblog.blogspot.com And from there you can also link to a bunch of blogs created by some really neat people!

Keep knitting!!

7 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

Congrats on getting near the end of the journey on your studies! I took six years to finish my MBA - slow but sure - and it was so nice to be done with it!

Mom of these kids said...

I haven't touched my knitting or crocheting stuff since the last time I posted I think. I made 3 scarfs for my kids...I guess I should post that on here....and that was it. I do have BIG plans to make scarfs for all my Christmas presents this year, and have been buying up $1 yarn everywhere I find it. I need to get back to this..thanks for the reminder!

Abbreviated said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

I love your blog by the way! I learned to crochet and knit when I was 16 but haven't picked up needles since then. My new thing is sewing but I love the projects you've shown so far. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

jubilee said...

I once learned to knit, but didn't keep up with it. Sad, but true.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment on My First Kiss post!

jubilee said...

Thanks for stopping by and giving encouragement for me The Day of Angry Colors post. *hugs*

Muthering Heights said...

Congrats on the accomplishment! :)