Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Some of my projects....

Lisa asked me to add some of my projects to the site... my digital camera isn't that good but this is just a few of the projects I've been working on.

I've been knitting for about 13 months now. I've been wanting to learn to knit for a long time. I first started with the "Knifty Knitter," a set of looms that allows you to knit without ANY skill! ;-) Here was my first project. This scarf was done in Black and White Eyelash yarn.
Last November, my friend Nancy taught me how to knit... and I mean KNIT (I'm still scared to Purl). I don't have pictures of all of my projects but here's my first finished knitted scarf. It's Homespun (my fav too) and in one of my favorite colors, PURPLE.... I especially like the fringe on the end! ;-)


Here's one of my favorite boucle scarves in my OTHER favorite color... Red. This is especially nice since it's Red and Black variagated! I thought it turned out well.



Our church has begun a prayer shawl ministry. We have given away 8 shawls and this has really been a blessing to me. The product isn't perfect but it is filled with love and prayers. After making them, our church prays over them and it is given to someone that has expereinced illness, loss, etc. This is the latest prayer shawl I have made for a dear friend of mine having surgery this week.
I've gone a little nuts now... I have been making scarves and prayer shawls right and left! I NOW have two HUGE Rubbermaid totes FULL of yarn. I need help!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like the fringe on the scarf! It looks great! Do you have a pattern for the prayer shawl? What kind of yarn and what size needle do you use? That's a really neat ministry too. It would be a good project to give to senior citizens experiencing long term illness.

Thanks for sharing Suz!

Mom of these kids said...

Those look great! I think I needed to have bought the kit that requires no skill! LOL

Boy, isn't easy when you start a new hobby to get carried away buying supplies for it?? I think that may be more exciting than actually making the product!

Susan J said...

If you just google Prayer Shawl ministry, you should be able to get the pattern. I usually use size 11 circular bamboo needles and Homespun yarn. I don't really go by a pattern but instead, cast on 61 and knit until I get it my desired length (usually when I can drap it around my shoulders easily).

Susan J said...

Maury, know what you mean about going overboard on new hobbies! I keep thinking now I haven't seen a skein I didn't like (and bought! HA!)