Sunday, April 5, 2009

Well, how about that?

Susan, I absolutely love what you're doing! The blanket looks fantastic and I'm very proud of you for learning to purl. It's really not that hard and it opens up whole new worlds to you.

Have you read any of Debbie Macomber's "Good Yarn" books? I've finished the four that are published already and another one is coming out soon. It's inspired me to keep learning and stretching to do more. I even bought the yarn to do a triangular prayer shawl. I'm going to use Lion Brand Homespun in a beautiful, deep purple color called "Gothic." I saw a pattern in one of the Prayer Shawl books that I'm going to use, but I'm trying to find a free one online instead of paying for the book. Is that bad? I hope not.

I'm excited about your new niece. How did they wind up living in Peru?

Ooh, ooh, ooh! I am also now the proud owner of patterns for pink ribbon hats for breast cancer awareness! I'll have to learn how to use a cable needle and actually take stitches off the needle for a bit. The thought scares me to death, but I really want to make the hat.

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I love seeing what you're doing. I really, really like that blanket. What kind of yarn did you use?

2 comments:

Susan J said...

It's actually Bernat Baby Yarn... I think this one is called HIS Blue Jeans (even though I made it for a girl -- the parents don't like PINK)... I love it. I am also n the process of making a chemo cap for a friend of mine that will be having chemo soon. I'm using Simply Caron for that (and need to get size 8 circulars because I will have a seam at this point.). Even if it has a seam, I hope she'll like it. It's purple! ;-p

Susan J said...

Oh... and to answer your questions... No, have not read the Good Yarn books but I will now! ;-) I have some good "recipes" for prayer shawls although I just cast on 61 and make it very long! HA!

Re: Peru: My nephew and his wife are missionaries there (my sister and her husband were too until he got an admin. position at the Board)....

Oh... and I would love to see the pattern for the pink ribbons hats....